[comp.archives] [astro] Re: Public domain/shareware astronomy programs??

pvtmakela@cc.helsinki.fi (11/17/90)

Archive-name: funic-astro/31-Oct-90
Archive-site: funic.funet.fi [128.214.6.100]
Archive-directory: /pub/astro
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1565@umriscc.isc.umr.edu>, martyt@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (Marty Tippin) writes:

> So my question is this: Are there any sites that have a substantial
> archive of astronomy-related programs, preferably that would run under MSDOS,
> where I might obtain these programs by anonymous ftp?

   I have stored a quite large collection of astronomical programs,
   documents and data.  Some of them are unfortunately in Finnish,
   but a great part of them are in English.  In this material there
   are many well known program eg. Ephem, Cosmos, Starchart etc.

   There about 100 programs for MSDOS, about 20 for Mac, and some
   for Atari, Amiga and old CP/M-micros.

   Programs are available by anonymous-ftp in funic.funet.fi (or
   nic.funet.fi) <128.214.6.100> in directory pub/astro and its
   subdirectories.   Check files README and INDEX for further
   information.  The foreign connections to funic is limited up
   to 16 simultaneous users.

   The documentation is not completed yet, but I will advertise
   this archive in near future.

                		Veikko Makela
				pvtmakela@cc.helsinki.fi