[comp.archives] [comp.sys.hp] Re: Help me build/get g++ and libraries on a series 300

cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) (11/19/90)

Archive-name: hp9000-gcc/13-Nov-90
Archive-site: golem.ps.uci.edu [128.200.29.9]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Nov13.114405@dali.gatech.edu> mikeg@dali.gatech.edu (Mike Gourlay) writes:

   Hi

           I've built gcc on my HP 9000 series 300 (370), and I think g++,
   but I can't seem to get the libraries built.  Also, I could not get the
   GNU linker or assembler built.  The reason I say that I _think_ that g++
   is built is that it compiled and it runs, but without the libraries, I
   can't get a program to run.

           Does someone out there have these built on a series 300?  If so,
   may I please get the binaries from you, or some help with building it?

           Thanks a lot.

OK, so here is my weekly post again. Maybe it would be better if everybody
checked his earlier articles before he asks this question or do your
archives expire that fast ?

> [...]
> If , on the other hand, you or anybody else wants to save himself the
> hassle and get large parts of the GNU distribution pre-compiled for
> HP 9000/300 machines, you can get the binaries via anon ftp from
> "golem.ps.uci.edu". The archive includes gcc 1.37.1, g++ 1.37.1,
> libg++ 1.37.0 , gdb 3.5, and assorted other GNU tools. Especially
> if you want to install g++ I'd advise you to get the archive as
> making g++ run correctly if very(!) much harder than gcc or any
> other GNU program that I have seen.
>
>	Carl Edman

        Carl Edman

Theorectical Physicist,N.:A physicist whose  | Send mail
existence is postulated, to make the numbers |  to
balance but who is never actually observed   | cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu
in the laboratory.                           | edmanc@uciph0.ps.uci.edu