[comp.archives] [comp.sys.dec.micro] Re: comp.sys.dec

theall@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu (11/20/90)

Archive-name: dec-rainbow/13-Nov-90
Archive-site: DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU [128.2.232.11]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <2893@naucse.cse.nau.edu>
 rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) writes:

> Secondly, I know there are some CPM files on Compuserve.  Does
> anyone know if there are any sites accessible thru internet
> (other than perhaps SIMTEL20) that has additional files?

   There's a smallish collection of Rainbow files maintained on
DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU. It's accessible via anonymous FTP and email. If
you try the former, switch over to INFO-DEC-MICRO once you connect and
grab the files AAAFILES.TXT and AAREADME.1ST. Note, however, that
there's nothing for CP/M there.

   It may also be possible to find someone willing to email you a
program or two from Fidonet. I've been manually gatewaying this
newsgroup for over a year so they'll see anything you post to
comp.sys.dec.micro (or INFO-DEC-MICRO for that matter). So ask away -
folks are pretty generous around here.

> were all the memory cards basically the
> same, just with different chips, or were they fundamentally
> different?

   I'm not much of a hardware person, but I believe there were two
types of memory cards manufactured by DEC - one for Rainbow 100As, the
other for 100Bs. Other than that, the only difference in cards would be
in the capacity of the memory chips used (64 or 256K).

George
---
theall@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu			Dept. of Economics
theall@ssctemp.sas.upenn.edu			Univ. of Pennsylvania