[comp.archives] [news.admin] Re: Activity monitor for newsgroups

Archive-name: arbit/21-Nov-90
Archive-site: uunet.uu.net [192.48.96.2]
Archive-directory: /Clarinet
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Nov20.210359.5590@techbook.com> jamesd@techbook.com (James Deibele) writes:
>I would like to keep an eye on the newsgroups and figure out which ones I can
>of the groups get.  I imagine that I'm not alone in wanting to get some numbers
>on just what's flowing through here.  Has anyone written a script or program to
>do this?
>
>Thanks!

The "arbit" program does all this and more.  It is in uunet's public
FTP/UUCP directory, ~/ClariNet/dynafeed.tar.Z