[comp.archives] [comp.sources.games.bugs] Re: Conquer v5.0

cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) (11/24/90)

Archive-name: conquer/22-Nov-90
Archive-site: cs.bu.edu [128.197.2.1]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <2413@wheaton.UUCP> water@wheaton.UUCP (Paul Waterman) writes:
   The summary line says it all.  If I recall correctly, in February there
   was a post that said that version 5.0 of conquer was already in beta
   testing.  Then, a little later, there was a post that proclaimed that
   conquer version 5.0 would be coming out over the summer.  At the end of
   the summer, a post stated that it would be out in about two months.

2 good ways to find out:

1. Subscribe to the conquer-mailing list (Check your conquer 4.x
source for the address)

2. Anon ftp to cs.bu.edu. Everything for conquer which is available
becomes available there first. (I know, I check there about twice a
day :-). Last time I checked they Conquer 5.0 beta (a version not
changed since months, mouthwatering to look at, but not anything you'd
want to or be able to play) and Conquer 4.0 patchlevel 10.

        Carl Edman

Theorectical Physicist,N.:A physicist whose  | Send mail
existence is postulated, to make the numbers |  to
balance but who is never actually observed   | cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu
in the laboratory.                           | edmanc@uciph0.ps.uci.edu

adb@cs.bu.edu (Adam Bryant) (12/03/90)

Archive-name: games/multiplayer/conquer/1990-11-28
Archive: cs.bu.edu:/conquer/conquer.tar.Z [128.197.2.1]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

+ From: dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks)
+ Newsgroups: comp.sources.games.bugs
+ Date: 27 Nov 90 17:49:46 GMT
+
+ If you want to subscribe to the conquer mailing list, contact the
+ mailing list at "conquer-news@cs.bu.edu" or for beta testing information,
+ contact "conquer-beta@cs.bu.edu".

One quick correction on the addresses.  Those are both the addresses
for the actual mailing lists, and while they will get the job done,
they will also get your message sent to more people than you intended.

Send your subscription requests either directly to me, or to
'conquer-news-request@cs.bu.edu'.  Specify which mailing list your
would wish to join (general conquer news, or version 5 beta
information) or both, and I will place you on the proper list(s).

BTW, I neglected to mention before that the ftp site for conquer is
cs.bu.edu (128.197.2.1).  Version 4.10 may be found in:

     conquer/conquer.tar.Z

And the beta release of version 5 (currently at patch 2, wait a week
or two for the next update) is in:

     conquer/beta/conquer.tar.Z

Sorry for the excess of messages on this topic.

Later,

adam
--
Adam Bryant                               INTERNET: adb@cs.bu.edu