[comp.archives] [pcip] Re: Ka9q

karn@envy.bellcore.com (Phil R. Karn) (12/03/90)

Archive-name: ka9q/sites/thumper.bellcore.com/1990-12-01
Archive-directory: thumper.bellcore.com:/pub/ka9q/ [128.96.41.1]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <9011291222.ab11286@louie.udel.edu> CLS016@vaxc.bangor.ac.uk ("Edmund J. Sutcliffe ") writes:
>I thought it might be possible to do this using another PC
>running KA9q, to bridge the IP packets on  to our central ethernet.
>  Is KA9q capable of this and where can I get the latest version and documentation for this.

Edmund,

Yes, right now I'm sending this message from a 386 on my home
Ethernet.  It is linked to work with a pair of PCs running KA9Q as
routers on opposite ends of a dialup PPP link. I am also using VJ
TCP/IP header compression.

The latest versions of KA9Q can be obtained by anonymous FTP from
thumper.bellcore.com under the /pub/ka9q directory. My "standard" versions
are under /pub/ka9q/nos while several experimental versions contributed
by others can be found in parallel directories. The documentation is in
/pub/ka9q/docs.

Note that this stuff is undergoing constant evolution at the
application level, but the basic IP router stuff is pretty stable and
reliable. Note also that this is a side project for me, and I have a
VERY limited amount of time to spend on supporting it.

Phil