[comp.archives] [postscript] Re: one-up to two-up transformation?

rossc@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Ross Cartlidge) (12/13/90)

Archive-name: postscript/n-up/multi/1990-12-04
Archive-directory: archive.su.oz.au:/archive/ps_printing/multi/ [129.78.64.13]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

jrk@information-systems.east-anglia.ac.uk (Richard Kennaway CMP RA) writes:

>Help save a tree.  Does there exist a tool which will take a PostScript
>file as input and which will generate PostScript output which will print
>every two pages on a single page, side-by-side, reduced, and turned
>through 90 degrees?

>I have some PostScript files that I would like to print in this manner,
>but I only have the PostScript, not the input to whatever text formatter
>produced them.  (If it matters, then guessing from their appearance,
>they are likely TeX and troff, with a few drawings of unknown origin.)
>The 'lpr' command for printing them (on a Unix system) doesnt give any
>options for doing such a thing.

>Please email me; I'll summarise if there's a demand.  I do read this
>group, but news reception here is sometimes flaky.

>--
>Richard Kennaway          SYS, University of East Anglia, Norwich, U.K.
>Internet:  jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk		uucp:  ...mcsun!ukc!uea-sys!jrk

	Try my multi.ps package.
	Anon ftp archive/ps_printing/README.multi from
	archive.su.oz.au

Ross Rodney Cartlidge			    |   rossc@extro.ucc.su.oz.au
University Computing Service, H08	    |   Phone:     +61 2 6923497
University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia   |   FAX:       +61 2 6606557