[comp.archives] [folklore] Re: Adventure

magnus%thep.lu.se@Urd.lth.se (Magnus Olsson) (11/22/90)

Archive-name: msdos-adventure/19-Nov-90
Archive-site: leif.thep.lu.se [130.235.92.55]
Archive-directory: /pub
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <68890@bu.edu.bu.edu> birdman@buengf.UUCP (extrapolated) writes:
>Having played adventure many a moon ago,(off a friends fathers telatype-
>like terminal...even had a nice place to stick the actual phone receiver
>in).. i want to know if the source exists somewhere in an anonymous
>ftp?

The sources for an extended version (several new rooms and problems added)
were posted to Comp.sources.games a few months ago. They're available
with anonymous ftp from the Comp.sources.games archive at uunet.uu.net.

A compiled version for MS-DOS is available from leif.thep.lu.se, the filename
is pub/adv551.zoo

Magnus Olsson                   | \e+      /_
Dept. of Theoretical Physics    |  \  Z   / q
University of Lund, Sweden      |   >----<
Internet: magnus@thep.lu.se     |  /      \===== g
Bitnet: THEPMO@SELDC52          | /e-      \q

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (12/13/90)

Archive-name: games/adventure/adventure/1990-12-01
Archive: uunet.uu.net:/games/adventure.0.Z [192.48.96.2]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <61185@bbn.BBN.COM> levin@BBN.COM (Joel B Levin) writes:
}   You can download what claims to be the original Tenex adventure via
}   anonymous ftp from uunet.uu.net, in the directory
}   comp.sources.games/volume9/adven.  I'm bringing up a new version of
}   news on this machine and don't seem to be able to post right now; pass
}   this along to alt.folklore.computers if you feel like it.  This sort
}   of thing should be propogated, especially to that group!

There is also a C version of the 550 point version on uunet in:

	/usr/spool/ftp/games/adventure.[0-7].Z

It only took a few minutes to get running under XENIX with gcc (a few odd
bsd'isms cropped up).

Lots of fun.

--
Stuart Lynne	Unifax Communications Inc.