[comp.archives] [news.software.anu-news] Re: NEWS V6.0 Patch Set #1 available

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (12/18/90)

Archive-name: news/vms/anu-news/1990-12-16
Archive: fileserv@dayton.saic.com:sendme news_v60-1_patch [mail]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Dec13.142029.1836@esvax.hamavnet.com>, henderson@esvax.hamavnet.com writes:
> In article <1990Dec11.230353.1@sao.aarnet.edu.au>, gih900@sao.aarnet.edu.au writes:
>
>> ANU-NEWS V6.0 Patch set 1 is now available.
>>
>> Unfortunately the VMS-SHARE'd set of patch outputs comes to 28 parts,so I
>> will _not_ post the patches here.

> Would anyone out there be willing to be a distribution site for sites that
> don't have FTP access (like this one, for example...)? As in either a mail
> server, or making tapes? I'd be willing to help out with that task if I could
> get a hold of the releases as they come out.

	I have set up a fileserver with the patches for 6.0 to 6.0-1.  The
fileserver understands the commands HELP, LIST, and SENDME.  To retrieve the
files, send a message to "fileserv@dayton.saic.com".  The only text within the
message should read "sendme news_v60-1_patch".  There are 9 VMS_SHARE files
each about 100 blocks in length.  Enjoy!

Earle
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2@dayton.saic.com             uucp: dayvb!fac2