[comp.archives] [pixutils] Re: Xgremlin output conversion

tim@appenzell.cs.wisc.edu (Tim Theisen) (12/18/90)

Archive-name: x11/drawing/xgremlin/1990-12-13
Archive: shorty.cs.wisc.edu:/pub/xgremlin.tar.Z [128.105.2.8]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <jsantos.661103929@asylum> jsantos@cr.bull.com (Jim Santos) writes:
>	I am interested in using xgremlin to compose some pictures on
>my workstation, but the documentation make reference to a utility
>called 'grn' that is used to translate the output of xgremlin to troff
>source.  Could someone tell me where I could get 'grn', as it is not
>included in the xgremlin distribution?

Since this question pops up every so often, I am posting this as well
as responding by mail.

The latest xgremlin and related software is available via anonymous ftp
from shorty.cs.wisc.edu.  Here is an excerpt from the listing of the
pub subdirectory:

	 46683 Oct 10 19:48 ggraph.tar.Z
	 26164 Oct  4 14:46 grn.tar.Z
	 16581 Oct  5 11:54 transcript.gremlin.diffs.Z
	139943 Aug 21 10:33 xgremlin.tar.Z

ggraph is a program which takes coordinates an makes a graph in gremlin format.
grn converts gremlin files to ditroff drawing commands.
transcript.gremlin.diffs for support of gremlin splines, etc.
xgremlin is an X11 based drawing editor.
--
Tim Theisen             Department of Computer Sciences
tim@cs.wisc.edu         University of Wisconsin-Madison