[comp.archives] [xpert] Re: How to use Imake -- answer, not question

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (01/03/91)

Archive-name: x11/imake/imake-stuff/1990-12-17
Archive-directory: indri.primate.wisc.edu:/pub/imake-stuff/ [128.104.230.11]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

From article <5293@rsiatl.Dixie.Com>, by meo@Dixie.Com (Miles ONeal):
> bjaspan@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Barr3y Jaspan) writes:
> |Imake is actually deceptively easy to use.  Unfortunately, there is no
> |good documentation for it AT ALL (as you noticed) and it looks
> |confusing enough to throw off most people.  ...
>
> Sorry, Barry, that's no longer true. Paul DuBois at U of Wisc
> (dubois@primate.wisc.edu) has done some nice doc on imake. I
> don't know the current state of it - what I have is several
> months old - but it explains quite a bit. You ought to check
> it out before you write anything. That way you could add to,
> instead of duplicate, his effort.

I'll mention again that you can ftp this stuff from indri.primate.wisc.edu
(128.104.230.11), in ~ftp/pub/imake-stuff.

I'll also mention that although lots of people have grabbed the papers
(there are two), very few have made any comments or suggestions.

Since the paper on imake for X is by no means complete (sigh...)
I'd still welcome anything people have to say about it.
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

       "The coach has to eat baloney and french fries" -- Ian D., age 3 1/2