[comp.archives] [comp.mail.elm] Re: Aliases busted in PL10?

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (01/10/91)

Archive-name: mail/readers/elm/1991-01-09
Archive-directory: mthvax.cs.miami.edu:/pub/elm/ [129.171.32.5]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

kempf@rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:
>We do have the same problem here and no solution. We would appreciate any help
>too.

For those who waited til now to install PL10, and can't wait until PL11
is *officially* out, you can get a copy of patch 10 *with the temporary
patch to correct the newalias bug* from the elm archive site here at
mthvax.cs.miami.edu via ftp or from the netlib server by sending

send elm2.3.patch10 from elm

within an email message to netlib@mthvax.cs.miami.edu

Note that if you are through bizarre gateways or somewhere out in uucp
land, you may need to add an extra header such as

Really-From: uunet!agfa!penos!yarble

specifying the return route (i.e. from mthvax to your machine.)

aem

--
I have here in my hand a list of 205 persons that were known to the secretary of