[net.music] Who is Marlena? sic

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (08/16/85)

> From:	drutx!bjc

> I would be very interested to know if anyone knows if the 'Marlena' referred
> to in Susanne Vega's song 'Marlena on the Wall' is real or ficticious.
> 'Marlena' is obviously featured in a painting, but I am very curious if
> this is a real person, who was she?  Who did the painting?

I have no wish to be pedantic, but it's Suzanne, not Susanne, and it's
Marlene, not Marlena. I wouldn't bother to mention it except that I've
twice seen a video for this song on MTV, and their credit line spells it
with a final "a", whereas on my cassette copy, it's spelled with a final
"e" everywhere.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA