[comp.archives] [emacs] Re: converting gnuemacs RMAIL

de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (01/30/91)

Archive-name: mail/readers/babyl-vm/1991-01-29
Archive: tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/babyl-vm.el.Z [128.146.8.60]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <18377@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, karger@osf.org (Paul A. Karger) writes:

>Before I sit down to write the lisp code, does there already exist
>a macro to convert an entire RMAIL (Babyl) format mail file to
>UNIX mail file format?

I suggest you grab a copy of lispdir.doc.Z, lispdir.el.Z, and
LCD-datafile.Z from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive.
Then you'll be able to type M-x lisp-dir-apropos <RET> babyl <RET>
yourself, and see:

                  Emacs Lisp Code Apropos -- "babyl"

babyl-mail        89-08-17
     Skip Montaro, <montanaro@sprite.crd.ge.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/babyl-mail.el.Z
     Quickie Babyl-to-mail convertor.
babyl-vm          89-08-10
     Ken Manheimer, <klm@cme.nist.gov>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/babyl-vm.el.Z
     Babyl-to-vm convertor.
conv-babl         89-07-17
     John Kohl, <jtkohl@athena.mit.edu>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/functions/conv-babl.el.Z
     Pretty-print Babyl buffers.
de-rmail          89-08-17
     Nathan Hess, <woodstock@hobbes.intel.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/de-rmail.Z
     Conversion of BABYL to Unix mail file format.
rmail-apply       89-02-03
     Dan Pierson, <pierson@multimax.encore.com,encore!pierson>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/as-is/rmailapply.el.Z
     Apply function to all messages, babyl-to-mail.
rmail2mail        89-12-07
     Skip Montanaro, <montnaro@sprite.crd.ge.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/rmail2mail.Z
     Convert an rmail babyl file to unix mail

I recently switched to VM (recommended), and used babyl-vm.  It
converts whole mail files and mail directories at a time, and retains
most of the labels such as replied, forwarded, etc.

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force