[comp.archives] [alt.bbs.lists] Re: UNIX BBS lists

markw@gvlf8-e.gvl.unisys.com (Mark H. Weber) (02/04/91)

Archive-name: sites/bbs/nixpub/1991-01-31
Archive: uop.uop.edu:/pub/nixpub.long [138.9.200.1]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1991Jan31.151145.10788@wam.umd.edu> gnamasiv@wam.umd.edu (Girirajan Namasivayam) writes:
>Can somebody please tell me how to get a list of UNIX BBSs?  I often
>see the list posted but i'm afraid i didn't save a copy of it.  I know
>there's an anonymous FTP site somewhere with the list.  Can somebody
>tell me the address of the site?  Thanks

      Lists are available via any of the following:
            o  anonymous uucp from lgnp1 --
                    +1 215 348 9727 [Telebit access]
                    login: nuucp  NO PWD   [no rmail permitted]
                this list: /usr/spool/uucppublic/nixpub
               short list: /usr/spool/uucppublic/nixpub.short
            o  restricted guest account on lgnp1 --
                    login as 'guest', [X/Y/Z]modem and ascii supported.
            o  USENET, regular posts to --
                    comp.misc
                    alt.bbs
            o  the nixpub electronic mailing list --
                    to be included or deleted from this distribution,
                    send mail to nixpub-request@ls.com.
            o  anonymous ftp from uop.uop.edu [138.9.200.1] --
                    under ~/pub/nixpub.{short,long}
            o  anonymous ftp from GVL.Unisys.COM [128.126.220.102] --
                    under ~/pub/nixpub/{short,long}