[comp.archives] [list.net-ops] Re: High speed routers

tgkile@BRL.MIL (Tom Kile) (02/09/91)

Archive-name: internet/gigabit/slow-gigabit/1991-02-08
Archive: nnsc.nsf.net:CCR/jan90/partridge.ps.Z [192.31.103.6]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

Hello,

I emailed my interest in the papers by Craig Partridge that Jim Thompson
mentioned.  Mr. Partridge kindly responded with an ftp site which I
have included below.

>>From: Jim Thompson <Jim.Thompson@central.sun.com>
>>Subject: Re:  High speed routers
>>
>>There are two very good papers by Craig Partridge about
>>this subject.  One is titled "How Slow Is One Gigabit Per Second",
>>the other, "Data Networking and the Universal Speed Limit".
>>
>From: Craig Partridge <craig@sics.se>
>
>    I don't know the Universal Speed Limit paper (although I've given
>a couple of talks like that).
>
>    The How Slow is One Gigabit paper appeared in the January 1990
>issue of Computer Communication Review (part of the issue devoted to
>proceedings of the INARCH workshop).  You can ftp the paper from
>
>    nnsc.nsf.net:CCR/jan90/partridge.ps (postscript)
>
>or
>
>    nnsc.nsf.net:CCR/jan90/partridge.ps.Z (compressed)
>
>Craig Partridge (craig@sics.se)
>SICS
>Box 1263
>S-164 28 Kista