Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 13:57:31 -0600
To: Polyglot@tira.uchicago.edu
From: Polyglot-request@tira.uchicago.edu
Subject:  Polyglot Digest V2 #2

--------
__________________________ P O L Y G L O T _________________________

    POLYGLOT --  A Mailing List Devoted to Multilingual Computing
	   The Center for Information and Language Studies

Contributions to: 			  polyglot@tira.uchicago.edu
Administrative requests to:	  polyglot-request@tira.uchicago.edu
Anonymous ftp archive:			  tira.uchicago.edu:polyglot
                      Volume 2 : Issue 2

Date:    Fri, 11 Jan 91 13:45:01 -0600
From:    scott@sage.uchicago.edu (Scott Deerwester)
Subject: Administrivia

Well!  It appears that the only problem with Polyglot was that most
people forgot about it!  The distribution of issue 2/1 prompted a
number of responses to the international character set requirements
discussion, which form the bulk of issue 2.  Two announcements
complete the issue.  First, John Koontz forwards a Unicode progress
report from Asmus Freytag.  The final article is an announcement about
work that der Mouse is doing on GNU emacs and 8-bit characters.

Enjoy!  And *please* contribute!  Submissions from various news groups
are welcome.

	Scott Deerwester
	Center for Information and Language Studies
	University of Chicago

[... Remainder of digest deleted.  --Ed.]