[net.auto] Road Hogs in general

alpert@nanook.DEC (04/30/85)

[]

Sometimes I think that the intelligence level of both the fast and slow
drivers out there is something below that of a demented toaster.

Slowpokes: Just what is the big deal if someone is going faster than
you are?  I'm a slowpoke myself (generally set the cruise at 60mph on
the freeway) and have no particular desire to "stop" or "block" anyone
from going faster.  I would prefer to do 70 or so myself, but it's not
worth it to me to risk getting tickets.  If anyone else wants to do so,
that's a matter between them and the police as far as I'm concerned.
I keep right except to pass. (I do come upon people doing 50-55. In
Connecticut once I happened on an elderly fellow in a Dodge Dart with
Canadian plates who had apparently driven all the way from Ottawa at
45 mph in the left lane.)

Speedsters:  Many of you bozos are just as bad, if not worse than,
the pokes.  On many an occasion, if some sh*thead cannot get around
a jerk hogging the left lane, he will get behind the car on the
right (such as myself) and start tailgating and/or flashing headlights.
You jackasses also seem to have absolutely no compunctions about nearly
taking off someone's fender in the pursuit of shaving 2 seconds off your
best time.  "Get out of my way or we'll both die"?  You may not die,
but if you tailgate me, I hope you have good brakes.  My worst habit
(and I admit that it is not the brightest thing in the world to do)
is to slam on the brake when some idiot is trying to push me out of
the right lane.  (Note that in nearly all states, there is no question
about fault in the case of rear-enders.  Not my fault if you didn't
see that cat run out into the road.  Hope you're prepared to support me
for  while.)  If you're speeding due to an emergency, at least have the
sense to put your flashers on so there is some indication to other drivers
that it is an emergency.

Maybe too many of you have been seeing "Mad Max" and "Road Warrior"
films, for most of us the public highway is not a battleground.  Maybe
there should be jail sentences handed out for reckless driving violations.
The jerks might think twice about blocking other drivers or "seeing what
she'll do" on the public roads if it means spending time in the slammer
rather than just a fine.

	"Laws are made to protect citizens, not please them."
				-- Judge Dredd

I guess some people are incapable of learning that a little courtesy on
the road doesn't hurt and makes for safer and easier traveling for all.

			Bob Alpert
			...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-nanook!alpert

david@ut-sally.UUCP (David R. Kuykendall) (05/01/85)

In article <1915@decwrl.UUCP> alpert@nanook.DEC writes:
>[]
>
>Sometimes I think that the intelligence level of both the fast and slow
>drivers out there is something below that of a demented toaster.
>
>Slowpokes: Just what is the big deal if someone is going faster than
>you are?  I'm a slowpoke myself (generally set the cruise at 60mph on
>the freeway) and have no particular desire to "stop" or "block" anyone
>from going faster.  I would prefer to do 70 or so myself, but it's not
>worth it to me to risk getting tickets.  If anyone else wants to do so,
>that's a matter between them and the police as far as I'm concerned.

Is that why you slam on your brakes?  Don't give us this crap about you
being a nice driver.  You should have your car taken away till you can
act like a big boy.  Is "slaming on your brakes" a way of not "blocking"
anyone?  Why do you claim to be a saint, when your are one of the biggest
fools on the road!

>Speedsters:  Many of you bozos are just as bad, if not worse than,
>the pokes.  On many an occasion, if some sh*thead cannot get around

what is a sh*thead?  Your are a child in a adults world!  If you are man
enough to use a big bad word, then spell it without "*"!  If not, then
don't us it!

>a jerk hogging the left lane, he will get behind the car on the
>right (such as myself) and start tailgating and/or flashing headlights.

>but if you tailgate me, I hope you have good brakes.  My worst habit
>(and I admit that it is not the brightest thing in the world to do)
>is to slam on the brake when some idiot is trying to push me out of
>the right lane.  (Note that in nearly all states, there is no question

Your right stupid!  This makes you the Idiot!  I hope you can tell the
cop about the cat when I get threw with you.  I can get my car fixed.
Can you come back from the dead?

>about fault in the case of rear-enders.  Not my fault if you didn't
>see that cat run out into the road.  Hope you're prepared to support me
>for  while.)  If you're speeding due to an emergency, at least have the

Dead men don't testify.  In court I'll just say you were crazy, and trying
to run me off the road.  Then sue your family for damages.  Ha! Ha! If you
want to play games on the road then go to Malabu Grandprix (a go-cart track).
Else, do what you say about courtesy (forward reference) and move over!

>I guess some people are incapable of learning that a little courtesy on
>the road doesn't hurt and makes for safer and easier traveling for all.
>
>			Bob Alpert
>			...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-nanook!alpert
Bob:

    I now am sure you are a fool!  Is slaming on your breaks one of those
courtesys your are talking about?  Or does "all" only include the Holier-
than-thou like you?

                                          david@ut-sally.{ARPA,UUCP}

ps: 55 sucks!
pps: get out of my way, or die! ( not bouth of us anymore).

li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao) (05/02/85)

bob,
thank you for those sweet words of common sense. i'd like to
add to those now.
i am definitely a speedster(bozo) averaging 70-75 on SoCal
freeways.  what really blows my mind is when some jerk doesn't
let me pass.  okay i am going over the legal limit.  but if
we are all conscious drivers, we would see anything coming up.
i have never gotten into an accident or ticket only because
i believe in WATCHING OUT FOR THE OTHER GUY
why don't all of you slowpokes and speedsters just watch
the flow of traffic ???  if you do then i don't see why
we can't co-exist on the same freeway.
as for slowpokes driving in the left lane..just don't decide
to change lanes without signalling first.
as for speedsters driving in the right lane..just signal
i mean that's what they are for !!!
any highway patrol car is just trying to keep the road SAFE.
if you dont signal, then get a ticket
if you only read the signs,(in Southern Calif) there are an
average of 3:1 signs saying SLOWER TRAFFIC ON RIGHT vs
MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT 55
get the hint ?!?!?!?!?!?
dragon-pup

wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) (05/03/85)

Her now students, we have the perfect example of a

at ut-sally, apparently believes it is his god
given right to kill and maim, at least he does
so in print.  Look carefully students.  Under all
of that macho-me-first  rhetoric we can see a first
class nerd hiding.  Here is a twit who, because he
can hide behind a computer terminal, repeats lines
from an old Chuck Norris movie as if he really
understood what he is saying.  The clue, good
students, is his slipping out of character to
to take a pot shot at the grammatical structure
of his advesary.  This, dear hearts, is a dead
giveaway to the real character of the poster.
And, students, if we were to be able to glimpse
into his living quarters, we would most certainly
find at least three pirated video tape copies of
the movie "Revenge of the Nerds", the ultimate in
moviemaking in david at ut-sally's universe.

Come off it David, your doing nothing more than
making a fool of yourself with your macho
ranting and raving.  If you actually believe that
it is your god given right to behave like an
a**hole on the highway, then you have a problem
much greater than than your ego will let you
realize.   All this bullsh*t about slamming into
the guy oin front of you is just that, bullsh*t.
(Take note of the ***s, I'm sure you can say something
macho about them.  I left you some typos too.)
With all of your crap lambasting the original poster,
the stereotype of a speeder must have really hit
home.  If you don't behave, we are going to sic
Ken Arndt on you and he will blow your tires out.
T. C. Wheeler

pauldan@hou2e.UUCP (P.SAUNDERS) (05/03/85)

<David R. Kuykendall replies:>

>>Speedsters:  Many of you bozos are just as bad, if not worse than,
>>the pokes.  On many an occasion, if some sh*thead cannot get around
>
>what is a sh*thead?  Your are a child in a adults world!  If you are man
>enough to use a big bad word, then spell it without "*"!  If not, then
>don't us it!

Yes, this is a very relevant point.  Only *real* men use bad words, and
that's important to remember when discussing net.auto topics.  Speaking
of children in adult worlds, David makes no fewer than 1 error of grammar,
2 punctuation errors, and 8 spelling errors in this flame, but who's
counting?

Here's an excerpt from David's other flame.  I won't comment on it;
this is strictly for the enjoyment of those who missed it previously.

>    What are you stupid!  (say this slowly) How long does it take an
>ambulance to travel the distance X.  So, the round trip is the time of
>2X.  If I can travel it in X. Which is faster?

Dan Masi

(sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but, gosh, *someone* had to do it.)

david@ut-sally.UUCP (David R. Kuykendall) (05/08/85)

In article <563@hou2e.UUCP> pauldan@hou2e.UUCP (P.SAUNDERS) writes:
><David R. Kuykendall replies:>
>
>of children in adult worlds, David makes no fewer than 1 error of grammar,
>2 punctuation errors, and 8 spelling errors in this flame, but who's
>counting?
>
>Dan Masi
>
>(sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but, gosh, *someone* had to do it.)

Dan,

     You are a wonderfull to correct my grammer, and spelling.   I have been
looking for a person to do my corrections, and you are qualified.  So, from
now on I'll send all my submissions to you.  You can correct the grammar, and
the spelling.  I am sure this is just the chance you have been waiting for.
Please try to have them back to me as soon as possible.  I have a lot of
important things to do, and you obviously do not.

The opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be confused with the
          Hitler Youths at U.T.-Sally who want to censor me.

                    david@ut-sally.{ARPA,UUCP}

ps: flames are accepted. But, be prepaired to get nuked back.
pps: 55 sucks!
ppps: Blue laws suck! (* for Texans *)
pppps: Do not try to make a dirty word by replacing the "*"'s in ppps.
ppppps: This is starting to look nice.
pppppps: I'll put somthing witty here later.
ppppppps: Go to ps. (* I had to do that in honor of Dijkstra *)

lspirkov@udenva.UUCP (Goldilocks) (05/14/85)

In article <> pauldan@hou2e.UUCP (P.SAUNDERS) writes:

>Here's an excerpt from David's other flame.  I won't comment on it;
>this is strictly for the enjoyment of those who missed it previously.
>
>>    What are you stupid!  (say this slowly) How long does it take an
>>ambulance to travel the distance X.  So, the round trip is the time of
>>2X.  If I can travel it in X. Which is faster?
>
>Dan Masi
>
>(sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but, gosh, *someone* had to do it.)

no, someone didn't have to do it.  david's flame was valid (although
not properly said).  but seeing that it's a flame, who cares how he
says it.  we all know what he means.  and this is net.auto, not net.spell
or net.grammar.
--

					Goldi

email:  udenva!lspirkov