[comp.archives] [rec.aviation] weather maps on your x terminal

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (02/21/91)

Archive-name: graphics/maps/wxmap/1991-02-20
Archive: uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:/pub/wxmap-1.9.tar.Z [128.174.5.50]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

> From: Charley Kline <hela!uiuc.edu!c-kline>
> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 91 15:32:05 CST
> Sender: hela!garcon.cso.uiuc.edu!kline
>
> The ASUS1 product on the NWS feed provides latitude and longitude of
> points along fronts; wxmap interprets them and draws them.  You can
> fetch wxmap by anonymous FTP from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu in
> pub/wxmap-1.9.tar.Z; it requires an X Window System Server to draw the
> maps on.

This program works well, although I haven't been able to get it to
draw fronts.  It loads the data over the internet and then draws
various maps on your screen.

--
Jon Zeeff (NIC handle JZ)	 zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us