[comp.archives] [novell] Re: Unix -> Novell printing

cintra4@milton.u.washington.edu (Dave Lange) (02/21/91)

Archive-name: internet/lpr/charon/1991-02-19
Archive-directory: omnigate.clarkson.edu:/pub/cutcp/charon-3.1/ [128.153.4.2]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

nenaas@ulrik.uio.no (Nils-Eivind Naas) writes:
[..]

>On the anonymous ftp site rodan.acs.syr.edu version 3 of Charon,
>a Novell <-> TCP/IP gateway is to be found.
>This claims to support transparent 2-way printing between Unix and Novell.
>In conjunction with the Pegasus Mail program it also offers SMTP mail
>to Novell 2.15 users.
[..]
Just to keep the story straight, the announcements of Charon 3.1 are a little
more current than the manual. LPR/LPD support DID NOT make it into the 3.1
Charon release.

The code for LPR/LPD exists in Charon 2.0A (a previous release) that is
available from omnigate.clarkson.edu under CUTCP. I believe there are plans
to move this functionality up to the most recent release of Charon, but I
haven't seen a time estimate.

Dave Lange   cintra4@u.washington.edu