[net.auto] Road Hogs & more

xavier@ut-ngp.UUCP ( Xavier) (05/16/85)

In article <1909@ut-sally.UUCP> naren@ut-sally wrote:

] I would like to tell the 'netland' as a whole that we at the
] University of Texas at Austin do not share the opinions expressed
] by xavier@ut-ngp,

 Somehow I hardly believe that you represent the UT/Austin com-
 munity, so please use quotes when you try to pass off as the
 "Voice of UT."

] 		    that we are perfectly willing to share the
] resources of the department with sufficiently motivated and
] talented people regardless of their academic classification.

 Assuming the "we" represents you, the above section looks as
 though you are the Head Honcho at ut-sally.  When did you re-
 place jsq@ut-sally as the Sys. Adm.? :-]

] and that I personally think that the opinions expressed by xavier@ngp
] are symptomatic of a deep-rooted Freudian complex against the ACM at
] UT and undergraduates in general.

 Since you are an undergrad doing "research" on ut-sally, may-
 be you should go after a B.A. in Psychology, not because I be-
 lieve you know much in that area, but because you've been trying
 to "show-off" your ignorance by use of "Freudian complex." Try
 net.psychology if you are able to make time between Usenet and
 the games. :-]

]						Narendran Nachiappan
]						[MAXISHIELD agent]

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In article <1911@ut-sally.UUCP> nawaf@ut-sally wrote:

]   Why don't you pull your head out from under your arse ...

 Maybe it's not fair to say "Monkey see, monkey do" here.  After
 watching david@ut-sally set a good example, the second wonderpup
 of the Student ACM, nawaf@ut-sally has decided to follow suit.

]                    For one thing you will be rather surprised to know
] that not only do undergrads play rogue/hack but so do a large number
] of grad students and faculty.

 Again, you are never slow to show your immaturity ("Daddy smokes, so
 what's wrong if I smoke?") :-]  I guess getting accounts on that
 machine makes you feel like a grad student (if not faculty)?

]				Furthermore, your article indicates
] disrespect for acm members and undergraduate students in general.

 Please don't try to ask for respect since the Student ACM at UT (both
 the big dog, david, and the little dog, you) has done much to "enhance"
 UT's and the CS dept.'s images through your "contributions" to the
 Usenet.  I wonder how other people on Usenet feel about UT and the
 CS dept. since the Student ACM first attacked net.auto.

]                    Nawaf "*uck" Bitar

In article <659@udenva.UUCP> lspirkov@udenva writes:

] no, someone didn't have to do it.  david's flame was valid (although
] not properly said).  but seeing that it's a flame, who cares how he
] says it.  we all know what he means.  and this is net.auto, not net.spell
] or net.grammar.

 You're right, david's message was not properly said.  Though this is
 not a net.check.grammar, somewhere in net.announce.newuser a line says
 that flaming for grammar mistakes is not good, but another line says
 something about using English...I got the impression that a complete
 butchering of the language was not appreciated.  Maybe next time
 david@ut-sally decides to "entertain" the net, he should be armed with
 a dictionary.

]					Goldi

jsq@im4u.UUCP (05/16/85)

In article <1743@ut-ngp.UUCP> xavier@ut-ngp.UUCP ( Xavier) writes:

>In article <1909@ut-sally.UUCP> naren@ut-sally wrote:
>
>] I would like to tell the 'netland' as a whole that we at the
>] University of Texas at Austin do not share the opinions expressed
>] by xavier@ut-ngp,
>
> Somehow I hardly believe that you represent the UT/Austin com-
> munity, so please use quotes when you try to pass off as the
> "Voice of UT."

Ok, folks, as administrator for ut-sally, which is, you recall,
the machine which imports USENET for all of UT, not to mention
central and eastern Texas, I would like to point out that
	a) There is indeed a net.announce.newusers, and everybody
		at UT who has been flaming in net.auto should go read it.
	b) Nobody has a right to post to USENET.  The people who
		own ut-sally have no mission to support USENET.
		Flaming of this sort makes everyone doing it
		look bad and jeapardizes continued access to
		this network for you and everybody else here.
	c) Neither of you two guys, in particular, appear to
		know what the access policies of ut-sally are.
		I can remind you.
	d) Your flames are costing people all over the world money
		for something they don't have the slightest interest in.
		They wouldn't care even if any of us *were* the
		"Voice of UT."

So, if you insist on keeping this up, you could at least limit
it to ut.flame and let the rest of the world have a rest.