[net.auto] The Final word on RED CARS

neal@weitek.UUCP (Neal Bedard) (05/16/85)

[SNORT THIS LINE]

jayt (Jay T McCanta) writes:

>The clerk who told me about the higher rates for red cars said that
>that applies to sub-standard drivers.  There are a few companies that
>will insure anybody (for a price). When your record is bad enough for
>these people, they take everything into account.

Green is easier to see than red. Jay M. pointed that out to me, and
a quick glance in my copy of Foley and Van Dam (Principles of Interactive
Computer Graphics, pp. 606) confirmed this. Green, however, doesn't have the
the `racy' connotation that red does (or black, for that matter.)

As far as the correlation between car color and driving habits, this seems
to be a little off-base. I assert that for most people, the *type* of car
is more important than it's color, which is where this whole discussion
started in the first place (remember "Rabbit Going Fast"?) `Nuff said.

Primer Gray usually indicates the *very* worst drivers. Think about it.

Cheers,

Neal B.
"same as it ever was, same as it ever was..."