[comp.archives] [rec.games.empire] Re: Empire clients

brown@cs.utk.edu (Lance A. Brown) (03/04/91)

Archive-name: games/empire/xemp/1991-03-04
Archive: ftp.cs.vu.nl:/pub/xemp/xemp_bt.* [192.31.231.42]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

>On 3 Mar 91 21:29:28 GMT, siljamo@cc.helsinki.fi (Niilo Siljamo) said:

> In article <66847@brunix.UUCP>, cs012105@cs.brown.edu (Ryan Martin) writes:
>>                                  I have been trying to find a good, improved
>> client program, but I cannot get xemp to run.

>   I have tried to use xemp too, but this (censored) computer does not like
>   it. Maybe something is missing from the xemp at ucbvax.berkeley.edu?
>   Our system is DecStation 3100 (Ultrix).

The most recent version of xemp can be found at the ftp site 'ftp.cs.vu.nl'
in the directory pub/xemp as the file xemp_bt.t.Z.   It is a beta release
of the additions the author has made to the code so caveat ftp-er is the
word here.  It looks like there is a patch in the directory also.

Lance
brown@cs.utk.edu
Lance A. Brown                        The Crystal Wind is the Storm,
3500 Sutherland Avenue, Apt. L-303     and the Storm is Data,
Knoxville, TN  37919                    and the Data is Life
                                         -- The Player's Litany
                                           from _The Long Run_ by D.K. Moran

mta@lehtori.tut.fi (J{rvinen Markku) (03/05/91)

Archive-name: games/empire/xemp/1991-03-04
Archive: cc.tut.fi:/pub/xemp/xemp.tar.Z [128.214.23.10]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

Lance> The most recent version of xemp can be found at the ftp site 'ftp.cs.vu.nl'
Lance> in the directory pub/xemp as the file xemp_bt.t.Z.   It is a beta release
Lance> of the additions the author has made to the code so caveat ftp-er is the
Lance> word here.  It looks like there is a patch in the directory also.

Well I think that the most up-to-date version of xemp now in distribution
is in 'cc.tut.fi' in the directory pub/xemp as the file xemp.tar.Z. It
is still beta release but it has working satellite-code and some
other fixes/enchancements (no food option for Blitz/commandline selectable
number of realms/knows how to handle non standard plane/ship names).

	- mta
--
Quote: UNIX systems always run in one state or another.
         - RISC/os (UMIPS) System Administrator's Guide