[comp.archives] [alt.fandom.cons] Re: Con List

jaffe@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Saul) (03/06/91)

Archive-name: news/news-archives/sf-lovers/1991-03-04
Archive-directory: elbereth.rutgers.edu:/pub/sfl/ [128.6.4.61]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1991Mar1.003656.5098@athena.mit.edu> jmh@athena.mit.edu (J Michael Hammond) writes:

> Please pardon my cluelessness...
>
> What's a good source for the dates, locations, general descriptions, and
> contact personnel for various cons around the country?  Are there "trade
> magazines", either physical or electronic?  Do con organizers read this
> newsgroup?  Etc. etc.?
>
> I would greatly appreciate personal replies, and would prefer receiving too
> many to receiving none.  Thank *you* for your time.

There is a listing of conventions maintained in the Sf-Lovers
archives at elbereth.rutgers.edu and is available FREE by anonymous
ftp.  I try to keep this list up-to-date as much as possible with
the latest information.  (The information currently in the list is
correct as of February 1, 1991)

To get the list via anonymous ftp:

% ftp elbereth.rutgers.edu
> cd pub/sfl
> get cons.txt

If you don't have access to ftp at your site, you can send mail to
BITFTP@PUCC.EDU with the commands given above (without the single
character prompt at the beginning) as the body of your message.  You
will then get, by email, the con listing.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) wish to have a convention
listed that isn't already there, send all pertinent information to
SF-LOVERS-CONS@RUTGERS.EDU.
--
---
Saul Jaffe