[comp.archives] [alt.sca] Re: What is alt.sca for?

rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu (Dale A. Harris) (03/07/91)

Archive-name: news/news-archives/rec-org-sca/1991-03-06
Archive: meadow.stanford.edu:/pub/real* [36.64.0.20]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1991Mar6.063821.27857@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> gld@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Gary L Dare) writes:

>Sorry for this inane posting ... this group arrived in our active file
>today.  This isn't a discussion group for Sportschannel America cable
>sports network fans, is it? (-;

No, not really, actually this is a defunct newsgroup that probably might
as well be removed, the activity that was once here has moved do rec.org.sca
and it involves discussions about the Society for Creative Anachronism,
or SCA for short, it is a medieval recreation group, and is quite fun, check
it out, course be forwarned, rec.org.sca has some rather advanced SCA
discussions which a newbie or mundanes (the SCA name for everybody outside
the SCA), probably wouldn't understand.  The best thing to do if you are
still interested is do an anonymous ftp meadow.stanford.edu go into the
/pub and get some of the files there.  Oh, by the way rec.org.sca is
called the Rialto by it's readers.

--
\ \ \            __     __   _    ,   Dale A. Harris                     / / /
 \ \ \          /  )   /  ) ' )  /    rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu          / / /