[comp.archives] [chess] Re: GNUchess for windows 3.0

ieeg0006@nero.cs.montana.edu (Peter) (03/09/91)

Archive-name: games/chess/win3-gnuchess/1991-03-08
Archive: cica.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/games/chess*.zip [129.79.20.22]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1991Mar7.192552.13789@cbnewsj.att.com> edd@cbnewsj.att.com (ed.knowles) writes:
>Some time ago I thought I read that there was a version of GNUchess
>that would run under microsoft windows 3.0. I posted a request for
>more information, but noone replied. Is there such a GNUchess? Does
>anyone know how to download it? The information will be greatly
>appreciated...
>				-Ed Knowles

There is a public domain GNU chess for windows. It can be ftp'd from
cica.cica.indiana.edu
from directory ~ftp/pub/pc/win3/games
the file names are : chess101.zip        exe file
                     chesssrc.zip        source code.

Peter Ponca   ieeg0006@caesar.cs.montana.edu