[comp.archives] [alt.cyberpunk] Re: Operation Sun Devil

toerting@kentvax.mcs.kent.edu (Tim Oerting) (03/09/91)

Archive-name: hackers/sites/icaen-newsletters/1991-03-09
Archive-directory: isca.icaen.uiowa.edu:/files/info/ [128.255.19.175]
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <obpksMK00Vp_AJAEcu@andrew.cmu.edu> ec1l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Elias Thornton Curtz) writes:
>Re: Operation Sun Devil (gee, where do they get these catchy names...)
>	If I remember correctly, a bunch of equipment was confiscated from
>numerous sources (including Steve Jackson Games and several members of
>"the Legion of Doom" (or some such title): mostly phreekers but also
>some BBS operators which distributed "hacker" newsletters (not pirated
>software, just communication from people whom may have been involved in
>"illegal" activities).

There are more good source for this material too, one I know of right off hand
is pirate.5 available using ftp from 128.255.19.175 in (I believe) the
 /ftp/info/pirate directory .   You can look around yourself if that isn't
where it is.

Also I am sure there are quite a few CuD (Computer underground Digests) which
have more Operation Sundevil/LOD info (don't know exact issues off had,
anyone else know

Tim Oerting    [toerting@mcs.kent.edu]