[comp.archives] [comp.windows.ms.programmer] Re: A Good Windows Programmers Editor

robind@code3.com (Robin Dunn) (03/14/91)

Archive-name: editors/emacs/mewin/1991-03-13
Archive: cica.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/uploads/mewin*.zip [129.79.20.22]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <6632@rex.cs.tulane.edu> keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) writes:
>chavis@hambnd.enet.dec.com (Ira Chavis SHR1-4/O20 508-841-3415) writes:
>
>>	Can someone recomend a good windows progammers editor.   I have
>>	used most of the successive releases of WinEdit by Wilson Shareware
>>	and have had some problems which have bit me bad.   Its gotten better
>>	over times but still get lots of UAE's nightly.     Can anyone with
>>	any experience relay this information.    Commercial or shareware
>>	is fine.
>
>I don't know if any decent ones are out now, but as soon as someon ecomes up
>with emacs for MSWin, I'll be first in line!
>
>John Keating

It's been done!  Micro Emacs has been ported to MSWin.  You can ftp
it from cica.cica.indiana.edu, currently in the /pub/pc/win3/uploads
directory as MEWIN_OK.ZIP and MEWINDOC.ZIP.  I just downloaded it this
morning so I can't really vouch for it, but it ran fairly good, and
didn't crash, so we'll see.

Robin P. Dunn                                       ...!uunet!code3!robind
3M Health Information Systems                             robind@code3.com
Code3 Product Development                                   (801) 265-4820