Nov90/storm.gif
    From: jpl5@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Jay P Lessler)
    Date: 21 Nov 90 22:47:21 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Nov90/ZsqrtZ.gif
    From: dplatt@coherent.com (Dave Platt)
    Date: 24 Nov 90 03:38:17 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     Here's one that's a bit different from the usual Mandelbrot-set
     image.  It's derived by iterating the formula Z'=Z sqrt Z + Z0
     and stopping when the iterated value falls more than 10.0 units
     away from the origin.  It's centered at (1.9651366579,-1.6029643634),
     and is viewed at a magnification of approximately 50,000,000 diameters.

     The fact that the sqrt(Z) function is multivalued in the complex-number
     domain creates some interesting discontinuities in the image, as the
     program must choose one of many roots during each iteration.

Nov90/spi.gif
    From: mark@mswb.usc.edu (Mark Eggert)
    Date: 26 Nov 90 19:23:50 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Nov90/pastel.gif
    From: iacovou@cs.umn.edu (Danny Iacovou)
    Date: Fri, 30 Nov 90 17:02:16 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Dec90/grasprt.exe
    From: jemohler@icaen.uiowa.edu (Jeff Mohler)
    Date: 2 Dec 90 21:23:40 GMT
    Format: MSDOS executable

Dec90/mandel3.gl
    From: jemohler@icaen.uiowa.edu (Jeff Mohler)
    Date: 2 Dec 90 21:22:54 GMT
    Format: Grasprt Animation

Dec90/article.52
    From: blank@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (doug blank)
    Date: 6 Dec 90 18:00:20 GMT
    Format: Text

Dec90/happy.gif
    From: callahan@cs.jhu.edu (Paul Callahan)
    Date: 6 Dec 90 18:14:00 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     Here's a fractal I generated a while back (I can post source if there's
     sufficient interest).  It's based on the random circular Gasket (formed
     by taking a closed circular unit disk and removing infinitely many random
     non-touching open disks, with the total area becoming 0 in the limit). It
     is displayed by drawing the outlines of the first 20000 removed circles.
     There's also a twist that some of you may find amusing.  I won't spoil the
     surprise.

Dec90/mandel.zip
    From: jemohler@icaen.uiowa.edu (Jeff Mohler)
    Date: 7 Dec 90 06:10:25 GMT
    Format: ZIP archive

Dec90/hoss3.gif
    From: schallen@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (flamenco)
    Date: 7 Dec 90 09:01:03 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Dec90/fraint12.zip
    From: jemohler@icaen.uiowa.edu (Jeff Mohler)
    Date: 7 Dec 90 06:48:30 GMT
    Format: ZIP archive

Dec90/cshow.zip
    From: jpl5@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Jay P Lessler)
    Date: Fri, 7 Dec 90 19:09:58 GMT
    Format: ZIP archive
    Descripton: GIF viewer for MSDOS machines

Dec90/article.68
    From: callahan@cs.jhu.edu (Paul Callahan)
    Date: 8 Dec 90 04:36:25 GMT
    Format: Text & shar

Dec90/base.gif
    From: td@bang.UUCP (Terry Dumas)
    Date: 11 Dec 90 06:15:01 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Dec90/spiral-small.gif
    From: clarsen@csam.lbl.gov (Case Larsen)
    Date: Tue, 11 Dec 90 21:14:28 GMT
     In case you want to browse around this region, this is the portion of
     the mandelbrot set (z^2 + c) centered on -0.134124 + -0.649838 i.  It
     was computed with a maximum of 32,000 iterations using the program
     'netmandel'.

Dec90/mandel2.gif
    From: e87ac@efd.lth.se (Anders Carlsson)
    Date: 13 Dec 90 20:35:30 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
    Descrption: Mandelbrot

Dec90/2b4ab2ab.gif
    From: ukrueger@i30fs1.ira.uka.de (Uwe Krueger)
    Date: Fri, 14 Dec 90 14:38:52 GMT

Dec90/hoss4.gif
    From: holmesda@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (ASTAROTH)
    Date: 17 Dec 90 08:15:07 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Dec90/hoss7.gif
    From: holmesda@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (ASTAROTH)
    Date: 17 Dec 90 08:23:45 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Dec90/hoss6.gif
    From: schallen@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (flamenco)
    Date: 17 Dec 90 10:19:30 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Dec90/fern.xbm
    From: sharpe@hollie.rdg.dec.com (Paul Sharpe)
    Date: 20 Dec 90 10:29:30 GMT
    Format: X bitmap

Dec90/hoss10.gif
    From: schallen@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (flamenco)
    Date: 20 Dec 90 07:24:43 GMT
      Parameters:
       Xmin: 0.3328587636351585
       Xmax: 0.3457894250750542
       Ymin: -0.0747174695134163
       Ymax: -0.0656178500503302

Jan91/hossplasma1.gif
    From: holmesda@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (ASTAROTH)
    Date: 10 Jan 91 10:05:26 GMT
    Format: GIF89a

Feb91/whiptail.gif
    From: lward@athena.mit.edu (Laurence O Ward)
    Date: Tue, 19 Feb 91 07:37:57 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Feb91/sinz.gif
    From: mark@mswb.usc.edu (Mark Eggert)
    Date: 19 Feb 91 23:23:12 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     Iterating the function (1+i/2)sinZ. 1152X900. 31 colors.

Feb91/spiral.gif
    From: noraa@cbnewsk.cb.att.com (aaron.l.hoffmeyer)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 05:46:25 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     Somewhere, under a Mandelbrot, way down low.....

Feb91/fullmandelbrot.gif
    From: ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 15:11:28 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     This is just the standard mandelbrot set with no magnification.

Feb91/mandtop.gif
    From: ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 15:14:11 GMT
     This is a first level magnification of an upper portion of
     FullMandelbrot.gif.

Feb91/micromand.gif
    From: ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 15:15:58 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     This one is a magnification of that little bubble on MandTop.gif

Feb91/julia1.gif
    From: mark@mswb.usc.edu (Mark Eggert)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 17:56:23 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Feb91/julia2.gif
    From: mark@mswb.usc.edu (Mark Eggert)
    Date: 20 Feb 91 18:35:44 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     The center of "julia1.gif" 256 colors 1152X1152

Feb91/whorl.gif
    From: ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar)
    Date: 21 Feb 91 16:09:45 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     A very deep mandelbrot.

Feb91/sandfungus.gif
    From: gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Nathan Gasser)
    Date: 26 Feb 91 21:39:53 GMT
    Format: GIF87a
     Mandelbrot specs are
       zoom = 307
       real = -0.74707
       imaginary = 0.12123

Feb91/misiwicz.gif
    From: lward@athena.mit.edu (Laurence O Ward)
    Date: 28 Feb 91 07:29:15 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

Feb91/whiptail2.gif
    From: lward@athena.mit.edu (Laurence O Ward)
    Date: 28 Feb 91 07:41:32 GMT
    Format: GIF87a

--
Robert Hood - Network and Operating Systems Support
  California State University: Sacramento