[comp.archives] [uucp] Re: MSDOS news support

root@dogear.UUCP (Bob Kirkpatrick) (03/17/91)

Archive-name: mail/uucp/fsuucp/1991-03-15
Archive: polyslo.calpoly.edu:/pub/fsuu11r5.zip [129.65.17.1]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991Mar13.220119.20064@newcastle.ac.uk>, A.M.Zanker@newcastle.ac.uk (Mike Zanker) writes:
> I use UUPC/extended for mail but although it's a good piece of software,
> it has no news support. Is there a DOS rnews and vnews available, and if so
> where from?

You should give fsuucp a try. FSUUCP supports mail and news, with readnews and
postnews facilities. It's pretty well documanted and may be anonymous ftp'd
from simtel20. You can also send mail to request-fsuucp@polyslo.calpoly.edu.

If you ftp it, I *think* what you're looking for is PD1:<MSDOS.BBS>FSUU11R5.ZIP
but no flames if I remembered wrong.  ;-)

Reply To: tau-ceti!dogear!root@isc-br.com  (Bob Kirkpatrick, Dog Ear'd Systems)
                 A Division of Brand-X, Spokane,  WA 99202