[comp.archives] [geology] RE: Plate Tectonics

ss6349@leah.albany.edu (Steven H. Schimmrich) (03/18/91)

Archive-name: sci/geology/plates/1991-03-17
Archive: topgun.agps.lanl.gov:/pub/usml/plates.c [192.12.184.72]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <91075.181933GO5@psuvm.psu.edu>, GO5@psuvm.psu.edu (Kjell E.
Grotland) writes:

>  I found this C program once while ftp'ing around, hope someone out there
> will find some use for it please note that it is for free, and that it is
> not to be sold, but it might give someone a basis for a more indepth program.

   The program Kjell posted was truncated.  I FTP'd to 192.12.184.72 (topgun.
dspo.gov) and got plates.c from the /pub/usml directory.  Here is the whole
program...

/*
 * A program to simulate tectonics.
 *
 * Copyright 1988 by Mark Isaak.
 * You may distribute this however you like, as long as you don't sell it
 * and you keep this notice in it.
 *
 * Wish list:
 *      Do it on a sphere, not a square torus
 *	Give plates angular momentum
 *	Make some constants variable
 *	Horsts and grabens
 *	Let 2 plates fuse together and/or 1 plate split apart sometimes
 *	Astroblemes
 *	Take density of rock into account
 */

[900+ lines of source deleted.  --Ed.]