[comp.archives] [isode] Re: ISODE for VMS?

smart@manta.mel.dit.CSIRO.AU (Robert Smart) (03/22/91)

Archive-name: internet/iso/vms-isode/1991-03-21
Archive: ditmela.mel.dit.csiro.au:/isode/vmsisode60_tar_z.v1 [128.250.90.81]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <9103210906.AA06642@enet-gw.pa.dec.com> silva@taec.enet.dec.com (Carl Silva - Telecom Engineering - 828-5339  21-Mar-1991 1003) writes:

>	Does anyone know where I might be able to locate an ISODE kit for VMS?
>I know I have seen notes that talk about it being ported to VMS but I have not
>seen a kit location.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The port was done by Peter Kay from Massey University in New Zealand.
Before they were on the Internet I agreed to make it available on
ditmela.mel.dit.csiro.au (128.250.90.81) for anon ftp. Unfortunately
for vms only sites it is a compressed tar file, so you need to decompress
it and run vmstar or expand the tree on a unix system. If someone would
like to make it available in a more vmsish way that would probably be
a good idea [is there any standard for exchanging vms binaries between
different vms implementations of tcp/ip?].

Also, since massey.ac.nz is well and truly on the Internet it could be
made available there. Peter?

Bob Smart