[comp.archives] [alt.sex.pictures.d] Re: Moderator and Limiting the USENET flow

jlc@wuarchive.wustl.edu (John L. Coolidge) (03/23/91)

Archive-name: graphics/images/wuarchive-gifs/1991-03-21
Archive-directory: wuarchive.wustl.edu:/graphics/gifs/ [128.252.135.4]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart) writes:
>I don't want to see this list get axed, and I agree that moderation
>might be the best idea. Quite frankly, the SC90 pictures shouldn't be
>on this net, they should be on a site. That right there eliminates 30
>postings over the past week, and got knows how many KB's.

More to the point, they _are_ on a ftp site: wuarchive.wustl.edu.
Wuarchive has about 70M of gifs online at the moment including all of
the SC90 series and a number of other "clean" pictures that have been
posted to alt.sex.pictures. We will keep online anything that meets our
rules about what is and isn't "clean" (would that such restrictions
were not necessary, but until they go away we have to live with them).

More pictures are always welcome; we try to get things up for public
access within a month or so of when they're uploaded. For the moment
disk space and bandwidth are not a problem. The archives are available
via either anonymous ftp or anonymous NFS (write to archives@wuarchive
for information about anonymous NFS).

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1991 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.