[net.auto] Indy Picks and racing in general

dixon@rtp47.UUCP (Wally Dixon) (05/24/85)

In article <834@ccice5.UUCP> rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) writes:
>. . .Who wants to offer their ideas of the 1-2-3 finishers?
>. . .BTW, racing season is in full swing around the country now.  How
>about some postings on either national events or ones in your area?

Well, #2 and 3 are up for grabs, as far as I'm concerned, but Andretti's hot
and has been for the past year (at least), so my money's on Mario.  How about
a rookie for third?

Other racing? Glad you asked!  Here in NC, NASCAR gets really hot on Memorial
Day weekend, too.  For those of you who are unaware (which I hope is few)
Saturday (tomorrow) is the "Mello Yello 300" and "The Winston", the latter
being a half million dollar shootout for last year's winners on the circuit.
Of course, the biggy is Sunday ("World 600").  Who's going to win?  Looks like
Bill Elliot, of course!  I believe The Winston and the World 600 are his for
the taking, and both will be fine races for second place. Besides, everyone
wants to see ol' Bill walk away with that $1M from R.J. Reynolds!  Like they
say in the Charlotte Speedway commercials, "I'll be there".

By the way, let's have more input into the net on auto racing!