[net.auto] Pedestrian Rights

randy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Yoda Necron) (05/24/85)

 Unless things have changed since I had driver's ed, in the State
 of Washington "Pedestrians have the right of way at all crosswalks."
And I also remember that "Crosswalks exist at all intersections,
whether the crosswalk is marked or not."

The moral of this story is that one had better not hit a pedestrian
in this state unless you have a very good lawyer.

					-Yoda Necron-

phil@amd.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (05/26/85)

In article <786@ssc-vax.UUCP>, randy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Yoda Necron) writes:
> The moral of this story is that one had better not hit a pedestrian
> in this state unless you have a very good lawyer.

In this state you can usually get away with hitting a pedestrian walking
on the freeway... Especially if you kill him, so he can't testify against
or sue you.
--
 Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer.

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 UUCP: {decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!phil
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.ARPA