[comp.archives] [cpm] CP/M Emulators

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (04/01/91)

Archive-name: os/cpm/cp-emulate/1991-03-31
Archive: sipb.mit.edu:/pub/druid/cp-emulate [18.70.0.224]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <9103310818.AA10937@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> Alexandre Montaron writes:
>   Someone is talking about a CP/M emulator on Unix system ???
>So, the Unix system that i'll bought is based on a Z8000 perhaps is it
>possible to make a more efficient emulation because only op_codes changes
>(number not mnemonic)... The Z8000 has sixteen 16bits register and the

If you have source it probably makes sense to convert it to C and run it
native on whatever platform.  Emulators should take binaries and run them
direct.  If you want an emulator try my cp-emulate in pub/druid at ftp site
sipb.mit.edu (thanks to eichin@athena.mit.edu for making the space available.)
It is not completely finished but it does seem to be working.

While I am at it would anyone who has been playing with it please let me
know what problems you might be having with it.  I expect to get back to
it one of these days and finish it and would like to fix any problems
found as well.  Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government