[comp.archives] [num-analysis] Re: ACM Algorithms available?

trh@ukc.ac.uk (T.R.Hopkins) (04/04/91)

Archive-name: math/num-analysis/toms/1991-04-01
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <17438@smunews.UUCP> rrb@smunews.UUCP (Robert R. Bailey) writes:
>Are the ACM algorithms that have been published, some in Collected
>Algorithms from ACM, available from some ftp site?
>Thanks

All the published algorithms which have appeared in TOMS (493-684) and a few
of the earlier ones are available from netlib. Try mailing either
netlib@research.att.com (US) or netlib@ukc.ac.uk (UK/Europe) the message

send index from toms

this will provide you with complete info on the acm algorithms held.

send index

will get you more info on netlib, how to use it and what s/ware is available.

I think research may allow some of the larger codes to be ftp'd. We (at ukc)
will be allowing ftp access in the near future.

Tim