[comp.archives] [comp.windows.misc...] Re: LAN E-mail package for Windows 3.0

mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu (Don McGregor) (04/06/91)

Archive-name: msdos/novell/pegasus-mail/1991-04-05
Archive: rodan.acs.syr.edu:/novell/pmail131.exe [128.230.1.55]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991Apr4.215709.1@max.u.washington.edu> 8416629@max.u.washington.edu writes:
>We have a Novell LAN with serveral workstations and Windows 3.0 on them.
>Everything is working fine. But we lack one thing that is growing
>more essencial. We need an E-mail package for the LAN that
>will run on Windows 3.0. We are looking at several commercial E-mail
>packages but they are going to cost us an arm and a leg from us.
>We were wondering if there is a shareware/PD E-mail packages that
>we could take a look at. It doesn't need to have all the fancy
>features of an expensive package.

  It doesn't have a Windows interface, but it runs on Novell LANs,
  has a gateway to SMTP (Unix mail), has been tested with WIN3, and
  is free.  Yes, it's Pegasus Mail.

  FTP sites for it are:
    splicer.cba.hawaii.edu
    rodan.acs.syr.edu
    mibsrv.mib.eng.ua.edu

  The SMTP gateway can be found at:
    omnigate.clarkson.edu

  A very nice product.  I'd look at it before I'd even think of
  buying a commercial program.

Don McGregor             | Tastes great.
mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu|