[comp.archives] [graphics] Re: Tea Pot Data

erich@eye.com (Eric Haines) (04/07/91)

Archive-name: graphics/raytrace/spd/1991-04-05
Archive: weedeater.math.yale.edu:/pub/SPD.3.0.shar.Z [130.132.23.17]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <901@sdrc.COM> gpraman@sdrc.COM (Raman Srinivasan) writes:
>In article <1991Apr03.055959.5113@ddsw1.MCS.COM>, hyperl@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Simon W. Lu) writes:
>>
>> Does anyone how where I can get the "Tea Pot" design data? I have seen it
>
>  Check out "IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications", January 1987.
>  The Displays on Display section discusses the origins of the
>  teapot and then gives the Bezier patch definitions.  It even
>  has Pascal code to do the wireframe.

Easier yet, just get the teapot program via FTP or email request.  The teapot
is now part of the SPD package, version 3.0.  The C program outputs the data
as triangles with normal per vertex, and the resolution of the tessellation is
controllable by the user.

    The SPD package is available via anonymous FTP from:

	weedeater.math.yale.edu [130.132.23.17]

among others.  For those without FTP access, write to the netlib automatic
mailer:  research!netlib and netlib@ornl.gov are the sites.  Send a one line
message "send index" for more information, or "send haines from graphics" for
the latest version of the SPD package.

Eric Haines