[comp.archives] [xpert] Re: File Requester Widget Summary

totty@flute.cs.uiuc.edu (Brian Totty) (04/09/91)

Archive-name: x11/widgets/free-widget-foundation/1991-04-02
Archive: a.cs.uiuc.edu:/pub/fwf.shar.Z [128.174.237.1]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <4byCxsu00jWFIqkatC@andrew.cmu.edu>, ro2m+@andrew.cmu.edu
(Randy O'Reilly) writes:
> For those interested, it appears there are 2 options for a File
> Requester:
> 	1.  The FreeWidgetFoundation FileSelector widget, which I
> used, is Xt-based and works well.  It has a device-independent
> directory manager section that I was able to configure for my Amiga
> with little problem.  It comes with the standard Unix directory
> scanning routines.

	Just a note that the "Free Widget Foundation" is not related to
	the "Free Software Foundation".  The name was chosen because of
	a similarity of goals.  In reality, we are not a true "foundation",
	just a bunch of people trying to combine our efforts a little to
	try to get a better collection of X building blocks together.  For
	more information of the FWF effort, you can send mail to
	free-widgets-request@eagle.cnsf.cornell.edu to be placed on the
	free widgets mailing list.

	A demo collection of some ad hoc widgets thrown together about
	6 months ago (including the FileSelector widget & test program)
	can be obtained via anonymous ftp to a.cs.uiuc.edu (128.174.252.1)
	from the file pub/fwf.shar.Z.