[comp.archives] [xpert] Re: HELP with DECstation 5000/200 24bit color & XAllocColorCells

mikey@sgi.com (Mike Yang) (04/11/91)

Archive-name: x11/colormap/cpicker/1991-04-10
Archive: export.lcs.mit.edu:/contrib/cpicker.tar.Z [18.30.0.238]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <9104100234.AA16796@zia.aoc.nrao.edu> cflatter@zia.aoc.nrao.EDU (Chris Flatters) writes:
>XAllocColorCells will only try the colormap you specify as its second
>argument.  If you want to use a non-default visual you must create a
>private colormap using XCreateColormap with a pointer to the visual
>you want to use.

For an example of this, get cpicker.tar.Z from
export.lcs.mit.edu:~ftp/contrib.  This is my colormap manipulation
program, and it searches for a suitable PseduoColor visual to work
with.

                 Mike Yang        Silicon Graphics, Inc.
               mikey@sgi.com           415/335-1786