[comp.archives] [appletalk] Re: Mail Systems

frye@cerl.uiuc.edu (G. David Frye) (04/11/91)

Archive-name: mail/pop/eudora/1991-04-09
Archive-directory: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu:/mac/eudora/ [128.174.5.59]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991Apr2.192824.20583@novell.com> brianb@plasma.kinetics.com (Brian Bulkowski) writes:

>A friend of mine did a cross cultural comparsion of mail packages,
>and was unimpressed with QuickMail's ability to fit in with SMTP,
>and with it's 256 *256 messages maximum storage capacity. He was
>more impressed with a package called Eudora, which is from one of
>those prolific universities like CMU or Michigan or something like that.
>It works directly on TCP/IP. It won't make much sense unless the shop
>has a lot of TCP/IP in place. Does anyone out there know more about
>this package? My friend is quite a student of user interfaces,
>and I trust him to be quite picky about details (tho quite a TCP bigot :-).

Eudora was written by Steven Dorner at the University of Illinois.  It is
a Macintosh-resident POP-3 client.  You can get a copy via anonymous FTP
from "uxc.cso.uiuc.edu", in the "mail" directory.

G. David Frye, U of Ill
INTERNET: frye@cerl.uiuc.edu   PLATO: frye / s / cerl   PHONE: (217) 333-7439