[comp.archives] [minix] Re: Keyboard drivers

hp@vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Peter Holzer) (04/17/91)

Archive-name: minix/keyboard/minix-keymap/1991-04-15
Archive: ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at:/pub/minix/hp/keyboard.* [128.130.39.19]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

woody@daimi.aau.dk (Anders Juul Nielsen) writes:

>Hello there!
>I hope there are somebody out there, who can help. A freind of mine has
>started using MINIX, but he has a problem with the keyboard, which he would
>like to use like a Scandnavian keyboard. Does anybody have a keyboard driver
>for such keyboards ? Another way of handling the problem ?

I wrote a keyboard driver some time ago which can load keymaps. It can
also use characters with codes >= 0x80 and <= 0x86 which is not
possible with the standard minix keyboard driver. It is available via
anonymous FTP from ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at in directory pub/minix/hp.

The only problem (I know of) is that it does not work with virtual
console.
--
|    _  | Peter J. Holzer                       | Think of it   |
| |_|_) | Technical University Vienna           | as evolution  |

-- comp.archives file verification
ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at
-rw-r--r--  1 hp       inst        18669 Feb 28 11:17 /pub/minix/hp/keyboard.tar.Z
found minix-keymap ok
ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at:/pub/minix/hp/keyboard.*