[comp.archives] [mh] Re: Checking out messages to a mailing list.

mmorse@Z.NSF.GOV ("Michael H. Morse") (04/18/91)

Archive-name: mail/readers/queuemh/1991-04-17
Archive: boulder.colorado.edu:/pub/queuemh.tar.Z [128.138.240.1]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

> When our users have question they send it to an alias that gets exploded
> to each of the Admins.  So we each get a copy of the message.  We then run
> into the problem of not knowing who is going to answer the question, without
> asking each other in person.  It would be nice if there was someway we could
> "check-out" a question to answer to eliminate the confusion.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, or is anyone currently doing something like
> this???  I would imagine this situation is not unique.

There's a system called queuemh designed to handle this.  Ftp it from
boulder.colorado.edu.  It's file pub/queuemh.tar.Z.

I've never used it, but from the documentation it appears that some thought and
effort has been put into solving something close to the problem you describe.

--Mike

--

Michael Morse                           Internet: mmorse@note.nsf.gov
National Science Foundation               BITNET: mmorse@NSF

-- comp.archives file verification
boulder.colorado.edu
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      misc        63961 Jan  6 13:22 /pub/queuemh.tar.Z
found queuemh ok
boulder.colorado.edu:/pub/queuemh.tar.Z