[comp.archives] [c] Re: When do you use "if

cudcv@warwick.ac.uk (Rob McMahon) (04/18/91)

Archive-name: langauges/preprocessor/scpp/1991-04-11
Archive-directory: ftp.informatik.uni-dortmund.de:/pub/programming/tools/scpp/ [129.217.64.63]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <571@bria> uunet!bria!mike writes:
>Is there a flavor of preprocessor that unwinds *just* the #define's, and
>leaves the rest alone?

Yup, it's called `scpp'.  I'm sure I got it off comp.sources.all (or was it
mod.sources ...):

/*
 * scpp.c - main processing for the selective C preprocessor, scpp.
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1985 by
 * Tektronix, Incorporated Beaverton, Oregon 97077
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * Permission is hereby granted for personal, non-commercial
 * reproduction and use of this program, provided that this
 * notice and all copyright notices are included in any copy.
 */

DESCRIPTION
     Scpp concatenates the input files (or reads standard-in,  if
     no  file  is given), interprets all references to given mac-
     ros, leaving the rest of the file(s) unaltered, then  writes
     the  result to standard-out.  It is helpful in removing con-
     ditionally compiled code or misleading macros from a file.

AUTHOR
     Brad Needham, Tektronix, Inc.

Occasionally it's very useful.

Cheers,

Rob
--
UUCP:   ...!mcsun!ukc!warwick!cudcv	PHONE:  +44 203 523037
JANET:  cudcv@uk.ac.warwick             INET:   cudcv@warwick.ac.uk

-- comp.archives file verification
ftp.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
total 34
-rw-rw-r--  1 NOT FTP  NOT FTP     33819 Jan  5  1990 scpp.tar.Z
found scpp ok
ftp.informatik.uni-dortmund.de:/pub/programming/tools/scpp/