[comp.archives] [empire] Re: Kent Game & Patches

empire@Tiger.mcs.kent.edu (Empire Administrator) (04/19/91)

Archive-name: games/empire/kent-empire/0--
Archive: hp5.mcs.kent.edu:/dist/empire-KSU-1.02.tar.Z [131.123.2.7]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991Apr9.175904.23567@news.cs.indiana.edu> royle@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Keenan Royle) writes:
>In article <1991Apr07.235211.5401@ariel.unm.edu> jawebb@leo.unm.edu (James Webb) writes:
>>
>>	This is from the ver command from the Late Spring Kent State test game,
>>and I was wondering if someone could post a comprehensive list of what these
>>various patches and commands do, as well as the syntax. Is anyone maintaining
>>a list like this, if not, it should be done.
>>
>>Options enabled in this game:
>>        ALLYHARBOR, SHOWPLANE, DROPANY, REJECTS, BMAP, AUTONAV, SCUTTLE,
>>        CONVASAT, ORBIT, ABM, GRIND, PINPOINTMISSILE, SAIL, NUKEFAILDETONATE,
>>        MISSINGMISSILES, SHIPNAMES, BETTERABM, RANGEEDIT, MISSDEF, SHIPSAM,
>>        BIND

info CHANGES > Foo
Information on:  CHANGES    Last modification date: Sun Apr  7 04:47:39 1991
This is the README file for the "standard" Kent State version of empire.
Each of the special features is enabled by adding an appropriate #define
to the file EMP/h/options.h. Note: this is different than the previous
KSU versions. The -Doption stuff is no longer needed in the makefile.

Without any of the special features enabled, the code should act *almost*
like the standard 1.1 PL5 code. There have been modifications to the
configurable parameters as well as plane and ship specs which cannot
be automatically removed. Several bugs have been fixed and commented but
not #ifdef'ed.

A semi-current copy of this code should always be available for anonymous ftp
from hp5.mcs.kent.edu.

This list is dynamic and most likely out of date.

ALLYHARBOR	- Allows loading/unloading of goods in allied harbors.
SHOWPLANE	- Lists all planes on ships which are up for trade.
DROPANY		- Allows the "drop" command to be used on any sector.
REJECTS		- Set reject/accept status on telegrams/treaties/announcements.
BMAP		- Keeps a record of the type of all sectors ever seen.
AUTONAV		- Allows ships to be "order"ed to a specific sector.
SCUTTLE		- Allows ships/planes to "self-destruct".
CONVASAT	- Anti-sat missiles use conventional warheads.
ORBIT		- Satellites can be either stationary or orbit the planet.
ABM		- Anti-Ballistic Missile missiles.
GRIND		- Converts gold bars back into dust.
PINPOINTMISSILE	- Missiles designed to be targeted at ships instead of sectors.
FALLOUT		- Nuclear fallout.
SAIL		- Gives ships and fleets orders.
NUKEFAILDETONATE- "Launch"es of nuclear missiles which fail have a further
		  chance of detonating the warheads on the pad.
MISSINGMISSILES	- Nuclear warheads have a chance of missing their targets
		  by one sector at long ranges.
SHIPNAMES	- Individual ships can be given names (i.e. "USS Enterprise").
NEUTRON		- Neutron bombs with low physical damage but high fallout.
NONUKESUB	- Subs at sea can only be nuked by a warhead targeted at a
		  water sector.
BETTERABM	- ABM's intercept any non-allied warheads within range.
RANGEEDIT	- Allows the range of individual planes to be changed at any
		  time.
MISSDEF		- If one of your ships is fired upon by another ship, a ship
		  targeting missile will be launched at the agressor.
SHIPSAM		- Ships fire SAMs as well as interceptor planes.
NOFOOD		- No food necessary.
BIND		- Use the nameserver to log the name of the machine the player
		  logs in from instead of the IP address.

If you have any questions or problems, send mail to bailey@mcs.kent.edu.
--
-=O=- Dave Nye -  Empire Administrator for the Kent State Empire Game -=O=-

-- comp.archives file verification
hp5.mcs.kent.edu
-r--r--r--   1 root     guest     781133 Mar 29 18:57 /dist/empire-KSU-1.02.tar.Z
found kent-empire ok
hp5.mcs.kent.edu:/dist/empire-KSU-1.02.tar.Z