[comp.archives] [sci.geo.meteorology] Re: Network weather reports

libes@cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) (05/12/91)

Archive-name: unix/shell/expect/1991-05-10
Archive: durer.cme.nist.gov:/pub/expect.shar.Z [129.6.32.4]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <123091@unix.cis.pitt.edu> nr3m@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Matthew A Henry) writes:
>Are there any other network sites that have weather forecasts besides
>hermes.merit.edu?  The reason being is that I'm trying to write a
>non-interactive batch job to obtain forecasts for me and am having
>little success doing this with um-weather's menu driven system. Any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I know people have written 'expect' scripts to get the weather from
merit.  The expect distribution includes a script I wrote to get the
weather from the University of Michigan.

You can ftp expect from durer.cme.nist.gov as pub/expect.shar.Z or
email the message "send pub/expect.shar.Z" to library@durer.cme.nist.gov.

Don Libes          libes@cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes

-- comp.archives file verification
durer.cme.nist.gov
-rw-rw-r--  1 100      10         113765 May  9 15:57 /pub/expect.shar.Z
found expect ok
durer.cme.nist.gov:/pub/expect.shar.Z