[comp.archives] [graphics] Re: Simple PHIGS for X11

dga@cs.brown.edu (Daniel Gerardo Aliaga) (05/13/91)

Archive-name: x11/phigs/sphigs/1991-05-12
Archive: wilma.cs.brown.edu:/pub/sphigs.tar.Z [128.148.31.66]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991May10.174444.18374@beaver.cs.washington.edu> rehm@mackerel.cs.washington.edu (Eric Rehm) writes:

>In the 2nd Edition of "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", by
>Foley, van Dam, Feiner & Hughes, reference is made to an X11 version
>of the SPHIGS or Simple PHIGS package used in the the book.
>
>Is this available?  (I have heard rumors that it isn't).
>
>Are there any X11 PHIGS implementations (C binding, please) in the public
>domain?  It need not be a complete implementation of all PHIGS functions.
>
>/eric

One of the authors of Simple SPHIGS here at Brown told me you can ftp it
from Brown, public domain. The ftp address is wilma.cs.brown.edu, in the
pub directory.

Dan
Scott

 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX      Daniel G. Aliaga '91
          XXX         XXX     XXXXX            Brown University
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX		 "Real men write self modifying code"

-- comp.archives file verification
wilma.cs.brown.edu
-rw-rw-r--  1 193      fac        252509 Nov 26 21:21 /pub/sphigs.tar.Z
found sphigs ok
wilma.cs.brown.edu:/pub/sphigs.tar.Z