[comp.archives] [apollo] Re: DM in OSF

dan@dc.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Dan Freedman) (05/17/91)

Archive-name: unix/terminal/ile/1991-05-16
Archive: cpsc.ucalgary.ca:/pub/dan/ile.tar.Z [136.159.2.1]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <1991May15.181212.16095@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> dan@dc.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Dan Freedman) writes:

>For those who are interested, I have a program which lets you do
>emacs-style editing of input to ANY program you happen to be running
>under it.  Basically, it uses a pseudo-tty to insert itself between
>your terminal/window and a shell, which it starts for you under
>itself.  You can then edit input to the shell or any program running
>under it.  It is smart enough to get out of the way when programs such
>as emacs are running.  It detects the assertion of RAW mode to make
>the determination of whether or not to get out of the way.

Ok, the response has been very positive, so the sources for ile, my
input line editor, are now up for FTP.

You can get them from cpsc.ucalgary.ca (136.159.3.1, log in as
anonymous with your e-mail address as password) in a directory
called pub/dan

The file is called ile.tar.Z

Once you have uncompressed and untarred the file, a README file will
direct you as to how to make the binary.

	Dan Freedman

--

U. of Calgary Computer Science Dept.,                             403 220-7299
2500 University Dr. N.W.,                                 dan@cpsc.ucalgary.ca

-- comp.archives file verification
cpsc.ucalgary.ca
-rw-r--r--  1 167      22          23117 May 16 17:59 /pub/dan/ile.tar.Z
found ile ok
cpsc.ucalgary.ca:/pub/dan/ile.tar.Z