[comp.archives] [crypt...] Re: rpem: RSA patent questions

alo@kampi.hut.fi (Antti Louko) (05/21/91)

Archive-name: mail/privacy-enhanced-mail/rpem/1991-05-20
Archive: kampi.hut.fi:/alo/*rpem* [130.233.224.2]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

The export version of rpem is also available at kampi.hut.fi
(130.233.224.2) under directory alo.

>And since Canada is an exception to the State Department requirements
>for licensing the export of cryptographic software, there should be
>no problem on this score.

I also made an interface package (des.c and des.h) which uses my DES
with rpem. This package is in rpem_alodes.tar.Z. My DES is in
des-dist.tar.Z.

By the way, in my opinion, RSA has not been very cooperative in
announcing their claims for RSA. 22 Dec 1989 I sent them
(rsa@well.UUCP) mail stating that I would be willing to put their
notice to my bignum package, especially for US users implementing RSA
with it. Jim Bidzos answered Jan 8 1990 stating that the reply would
be comping by regular mail. It never came.

And please remember, to my knowledge none of these exponentiation
ciphers has any patents outside US.

	Antti Louko

-- comp.archives file verification
kampi.hut.fi
-rw-r--r--  1 alo      55            721 May 16 23:20 /alo/rpem_alodes.tar.Z
-rw-r--r--  1 alo      55         150998 May 16 23:19 /alo/rpem_export.tar.Z
found rpem ok
kampi.hut.fi:/alo/*rpem*